“Lost” – Season 5, Episode 9 – “Namaste”
When old friends drop in unannounced, Sawyer must perpetuate his lie to protect them.
After a one-week hiatus, “Lost” returns tonight at 9/8c on ABC!
- The first season depicts the first 44 days on the island. Locke mentions this when talking to Desmond inside the hatch.
- ABC opted not to fly the intact N783DL to Hawaii first before dismantling it. Instead, ABC dispatched 40 production workers to Mojave to cannibalize and ship the aircraft pieces. Dismantling took about 5 days in February 2004.
- During Charlie’s heroin scenes, Dominic Monaghan is actually snorting brown sugar.
- Vincent, the dog, is actually played by a female dog, whose name is Madison (IX).
- The two-part pilot episode was the most expensive in ABC’s history, reportedly costing between $10 million and $14 million. The average pilot is usually in the region of $4 million.
- Yunjin Kim originally read for the character of Kate. The producers felt she was not what they were looking for in Kate, but decided to create a new character for her, along with a spouse.
- Jorge Garcia (I), ‘Matthew Fox’ and Dominic Monaghan all auditioned originally for the part of Sawyer. as the other characters had not been developed yet.
- Michael Keaton was considered for the part of Jack, but turned it down. Had he accepted, he would have been killed off in the pilot episode.
- Forest Whitaker was originally cast in the role of Sawyer, but opted out of the role to direct First Daughter (2004).